I'm sure you've all seen gorgeous images of custom wedding draping throughout the world of pinterest, and if you haven’t, don't worry we've got plenty for you to feast your eyes on. But the big question is, why should you drape? “One of the best ways to transform a space from a bare bones venue into something special is the simple addition of great fabric,” says Isabelle Donovan of Duvall Events. “Drapery can soften a space for a romantic and intimate occasion or create a dramatic statement to offer a cozy and elegant backdrop for your guests (and photos!).” One of our favorite ways to incorporate draping into your wedding venue is with a lovely swag through rustic wooden beams (swoon city!). It will add a touch of glamour to your décor and works well at a local venues like Pepper Plantation or Boone Hall Plantation. Set the tone of the evening by adding doorway drapes to frame the entrance of your reception. We promise your guests will enjoy the romantic ambiance! Every Lowcountry brides love a beautiful tent (am I right?) but we also like to take it one step further by adding a tent liner. A custom liner offers your choice of fabric, style of pleating and is always fresh, crisp and clean which is essential for any Southern wedding. The Duvall Events team hand irons (yes, you heard that right. Hand. Irons.) and individually staples every single pleat of a custom tent liner for a truly stunning finished product. Check out some of Duvall’s recent handiwork along with a few our favorites from the Pinterest-universe!
In the market for some more inspiration? Check out a few of our favorite posts...
- Thinking about jazzing up your chairs? Get inspired by our favorite wedding chair decor.
- Planning a Charleston wedding? Enjoy this Hibernian Hall wedding from Shannon Michele Photography.
- Is a Hilton Head wedding more your style? You'll love this Port Royal Golf Club wedding from Scobey Photography.
- Is a Myrtle Beach wedding a must for your big day? Take a peek at this gorgeous Pawleys Island wedding from Carolina Studios.
- Is a Savannah wedding at the top the list? Dive into this Harper Fowlkes House wedding from Scobey Photography