A Lowcountry Wedding is print magazine and online blog that encapsulates the nostalgia and charm that draws couples to the Lowcountry. In business since 2011, we produce 2 print issues per year that are brimming with timeless photography and real love stories. The beautiful pages serve to highlight the work of the region’s most-sought after vendors and venues who work alongside their clients to masterfully created these elaborate (and thoughtful) affairs.
Through our print magazine, social media and online web presence, A Lowcountry Wedding continues to be the most trusted resource for brides who are planning their nuptials along the coasts of Georgia and South Carolina. There is a lot to love about a wedding in the Lowcountry, and we take pride in our ability to display that to people far and wide.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an energetic, wedding-obsessed, go-getter to immerse themselves into the Lowcountry wedding market by building relationships and driving advertising sales. The ideal candidate has extremely strong people skills, is confident, outgoing and friendly, is extremely organized and has a natural drive to succeed and close sales. Many leads will be given to you, but you will be expected to drive the majority of your sales by personally connecting with local businesses, and building a market presence by attending community networking events. Knowledge and experience in the wedding industry is not required, but is preferred. We’re looking for someone with the ability to hit the ground running, close business and who is motivated to make money. The sky is the limit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a succinct and powerful presentation of our advertising opportunities that is crisp and effective in educating prospective clients on how our partnership can grow their business.
- Spend a portion of each day calling on local businesses, finding/attending community events, and meeting face-to-face with new or existing clients to foster relationships.
- Be inquisitive in learning the needs of your clients and creative in providing customized solutions within the framework of our advertising packages.
- Will be expected to prospect for and write regular blog posts which will be published on ALW website.
- Regularly Produce new content to be posted on ALW’s social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter).
- Always maintain persistent contact with potential clients, and be available to provide timely follow up for all clients, as well as ALW leadership, via phone and email.
- Manage the sales process from initial contact to ad development and final submission.
- Attend regular meetings/conference calls with ALW Sales Team.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Past experience as a sales professional preferred; evidence of significant sales training or internship work acceptable as well
- Prior work experience within the wedding industry a plus
- Very strong writing and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in MS Office programs
- Minimum of 45 wpm
- Must have dependable private transportation with valid driver’s license, mobile phone plan and computer and internet access.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Social Media & Internet Marketing
Students who are currently studying Communications, Public Relations or Marketing and possess a general knowledge about Social Media Strategies (including the ability to use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google +) could be a great for our Social Media & Internet Marketing position. Here, you’ll have an awesome opportunity to learn the in's and out's of social media as you put your marketing and PR skills to use. Interns will develop content, document/assist with shoots and events, online ad sales, find new ways to increase reach, planning editorial calendar, blogging and networking with industry professionals, etc. 10 hours per week.
We’re in the market for a Graphic Design Intern who has a background in InDesign, Layout Design + Blog Styling who is interested in assisting with our print publication! Through InDesign, you’ll have the opportunity to design our Real Wedding + Styled Shoot section (and maybe more), and the overall flow of our magazine, along with advertisements and additional marketing pieces. We’re looking for someone who is ready to let their creative juices flow. This position will require 10-15 hours per week.
Applicants majoring in Communications or Journalism with an interest in Event Planning are encouraged to apply for our Contributor position. This will be a great way to build a portfolio for any applicant who loves to write and has an interest in creating wedding related content! Duties will include working with ALW Vendors to produce articles for online + print, vendor + venue spotlights, writing on topics of interest, and taking an article from creative inception to publishing. 10-15 hours per week.
Please note that all positions are virtual, so applicants must have access to phone and computer and expect to dedicate, on average, about 10 hours each week to A Lowcountry Wedding! Although this internship is unpaid, we would be happy to work with your school program to provide appropriate school credit. While it is not necessary to live in Charleston or the Lowcountry region, being familiar with the Georgia & South Carolina coasts is a plus!
If you’re interested, please send your resume and two writing or design samples. if applicable. to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you're a good fit for A Lowcountry Wedding, we'll get in touch ASAP!
Banner image by Elizabeth Ervin Photography.